Multichannel audio with several timelines

Everything related to our high performance and 64-bit Wings RX software.
sizikov

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:38 am

Hello!

I have a question about audio playback with several timelines. I have Wings Engine Pro with RME HDSPe AIO, so I have an issue with project that when I'm playing one timeline with audio tracks, another timeline automatically has no audio at all. But I have multichannel audio card in server. What configuration should I do to be able play audio track from several timelines in one time? Thanks in advance!
Michael Eckschlager

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:55 am

Hi sizikov,

well, you are right. The RME which you have is a multichannel capable audio card and can be also used as such one in Wings RX.
But currently the feature to play out audio on multiple timelines and that simultaneously is not implemented.
We are working on that already and it will be also implemented in the near future.
It's for sure possible to use multichannel audio on several timelines but in the meantime you have to jump between them.
I don't know your project exactly but maybe it's also possible to solve it with liveplayers. Go to Live Player Help
We hope this helps you further! Despite them we will update you as soon as we have some news about that!
Best Regards from Austria
Michael Eckschlager
sizikov

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:51 am

Hi Michael!

I know that we have WDM option in Live Players, but the question is how can we seperate a stereo pair to the mono channels and link each channel to the different live players? Like we do in multichannel option in audio tracks (choose the stereo pair and then check the channel). Thanks in advance!
Michael Eckschlager

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 am

Hi Sizikov,

well, that configuration is not possible within the live players.
So, the only possibility how you can solve that is that you either jump between timelines or put all the stuff in one simple timeline and create some fade in/outs with some logic behind (avio).
But it's difficult to say without knowing anything about the project!
Best Regards from Austria
Michael Eckschlager