Working with Live Inputs and the API

ablairneal

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Hello - 

I'm working with a demo version without a piece of hardware as I prepare to do development on a project, so maybe this is more obvious on hardware or a licensed piece of software. Since I don't have any live inputs to work with (except for Spout), I'm wondering if there is a best practices way to programmatically add Live inputs to layers. Ive been looking through the documentation and API docs but I'm not seeing anything super obvious and I just want to confirm that it's possible to add a live input to a layer via the API. Thank you!

Also, on the Spout question, when I manually add it as a source to a layer I see a grey box with "Spout not active on [Preview]" is this a limitation of a demo version? Would I see the proper Spout output with a licensed version on a real output?

Thank you

ablairneal

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:48 pm

As usually happens when I post question on forums, I usually figure out the answer right after, but maybe someone can confirm my assumption. It looks like a Live Input has a Resource Path in a project like "Live Inputs/Local/Spout/TDSyphonSpoutOut" and I assume I can use that same path when calling to add a resource to a layer in the same way as adding a media file. I haven't tested it yet, but if anyone could confirm that is the right answer, that would be great.

Maybe another important question, is there a way to programmatically list the names and paths of available Live inputs via the API, or should I plan on needing to know their names ahead of time?
Michael Eckschlager

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Hi,

well, adding a live input to a layer is possible as it's handled like a normal video/picture resource.
With the following command you can add a live input resource (as example) to a layer:

Code: Select all

{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":23, "method":"Pixera.Compound.assignResourceToLayer", "params":{"resourcePath":"Live Inputs/Local/HDMI 1.4/HDMI 1", "layerPath":"Timeline 1.Layer 1"}}0xPX

Because of the live in the preview - it's not a limitation from the demo version.
Realtime Live Input in the Preview is currently in development - so for now the live input is only visible on the output.

Listing the names of the available live inputs is not possible currently and personally I also would prefer to plan the names of the live inputs accordingly.

If you have further questions, let us know.
Best Regards from Austria
Michael Eckschlager