Moving Show Files around and Custom paths

cyeary

Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:05 am

So I am experiencing some issues tonite in trying to move around some show files from one computer set ( director and Server) to another set.  Everything about the networking is the same but one server machine was a simple NVME drive system so the C drive was all I had to a very large system where the raid is on a NVME card and mounted into the C drive via virtual mount.  I have talked thru some of this with Rainer before but no matter what I cannot get the Presence software to put the RX-Cache anyplace but in the root of this drive.  I would like it to use a custom path so that when I move from my main system to my backup all the paths are identical.  Now I can change the path in the following places. 

C:\ProgramData\AV Stumpfl\pixera\presence_settings
C:\ProgramData\AV Stumpfl\RX\user_settings
C:\Program Files\SV Stumpfl\Pixera\”build”\data\scripts\settings
C:\Program Files\SV Stumpfl\Pixera\”build”\data\scripts\user_settings.lua

However as soon as I launch Presense then close it it changes the one in the presence Settings back to the same path every time. 

I would like this path to be similar for every show I do ( c:\software\pixera\"show TBD"\RX-Cache.   That way I can program everything on any machine for the most part and move it around. On machines where I need to do a virtual mount I can just mount the external raid thru the software folder.   The reason that I have teh software folder is due to the multiple software platforms we use.  

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Cameron Yeary
Thrasos Media
camerony@thrasosmedia.com
Rainer_AVS

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:29 am

Hey Cameron,

unfortunately the setup in order to change the RX Cache destination in the release ist still quite a mess. Therefore I would highly suggest to use the Beta instead of the Release. Most features are already tested and working (NDI out, ARTnet out not tested yet, suggest to would not touch them). You can find the settings in there quite easy. Just go into the mapping tab --> Live --> select your client (e.g. Local or whatever you have in your list). On the right hand inspector you can find the Name and below the Name the Default Storage Drive with a dropdown menue. Just change it in there and you are good to go.

Best Regards,

Rainer 

cyeary

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am

OK. I see that.  What about a deeper custom path besides the root of the drive letter? 

Cameron Yeary
Thrasos Media
camerony@thrasosmedia.com